I'm in Edible East Bay!

Eeb_winter_cover

Please allow me to share a very exciting bit of news: I have been published in a magazine! Edible East Bay, a quarterly magazine that focuses on local and seasonal foods in the East Bay (for those of you not from around Northern California, that would be the area east of San Francisco – think Berkeley, Oakland, Walnut Creek, Livermore.) has just come out with its Spring issue.

My contribution is an article on Bittersweet Chocolate Cafe, a little shop in Oakland’s upscale Rockridge area that I’ve mentioned before, and where I’ve been making pastries in the kitchen for the last few months. I’m pleased to provide a behind the scenes look at what goes into the making of the croissants, muffins, and other sweets that customers order with their hot chocolate, as well as give a little history on how this haven for chocoholics came to be.

Edible East Bay is available by subscription or it can be found free around the East Bay. If you’re not able to get your hands on a copy, you can still take a look at the cover of the issue above, which shows…yes! Bittersweet’s very own Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream, photographed by me.

It’s been a very sweet January, indeed!

Tagged with: +

Bite This!

Comments

1. 2

says

Wowee! Congratulations! Beautiful picture. I’ve been meaning to stop by Bittersweet Cafe for what seems like years now. But FOR SURE, now, I’ll have to go! Does the cafe sell the pastries you make? If so, which ones should I try?

2. 8

Denise says

wow, congrats! Amazing photograph…I am sorry I am on the east coast.

3. 11

says

Ooh! I’ve been to Bittersweet Cafe~ the macarons and hot chocolate were amazing. Keep up the good work!

4. 15

Maria says

Nice work! I am glad the word is getting out how talented you are:)

5. 17

says

Well done Anita! It’s definately a bittersweet success for you.. Hmm, just wondering whether it would be possible to get hold of a copy of that in Singapore? It would be great reading your humble contribution! :)

6. 22

says

To everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing in my excitement! It means a lot to me and I hope you continue to enjoy my little blog!

For those of you that don’t live in the Bay Area and are asking about a copy, I’m looking into getting my article published on the Edible East Bay website. I’ll keep you posted! Thanks for your support!

Renee,
    Bittersweet sells their own line of pastries different from the ones I make on my blog – mostly cafe and teatime treats like cupcakes, muffins, scones, croissants, brownies, and chocolates. I highly encourage you to come check them out!

Derrick,
    Thanks for the welcome! I’ve enjoyed reading your articles in EEB and look forward to seeing hopefully at one of the potlucks/meetups!

7. 23

says

Neat. Congratulations Anita. I grew up in the Rockridge area, and I miss it’s eclectic collection of small businesses. Looks like I need to make a pilgrimage.

8. 24

says

Congratulations! and, like derrick said, welcome to the edible communitiies! It is so exciting to give people something in print. and a cover no less!

9. 25

says

congrats anita! sorry this is a tad late….i’d love to read the article and the cupcakes are gorgeous!

10. 26

says

Belated congratulations Anita – I’ve only read the SF edition (and I love it) hopefully I’ll have a chane to read your article soon!

11. 27

says

Curious,
    Thank you! Yes, Rockridge has still got that funky eclectic vibe going. Definitely come make a visit!

Shuna,
    Thank you very much! It’s an honor to be part of such a talented and fun community!

Monica,
    Thank you for the congrats! It was quite exciting. If the article makes it online, I’ll let you know!

Keiko,
    Thank you! Wow, I’m impressed that these magazines have an international audience – I’m glad you have enjoyed the issues!

12. 28

says

Anita, this is great news! Congratulations to you! And congratulations to Edible East Bay for having the good sense to publish you.

13. 29

says

What great news — congratulations to you! And congratulations to Edible East Bay for having the good sense to publish you.