I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I'm trying to squeeze as much work as I can before the end of 2010, as I'll be going to Hong Kong for a couple weeks right after the New Year.
One thing I'm attending to on my list: a review of Tate's Bake Shop cookies and cookbook. I was sent a package of cookies from the famous Tate's Bake Shop, Kathleen King's bakery in the Hamptons, along with her new cookbook that captures many of the signature items from her shop. Read on to find out how you can win a package of her cookies and the cookbook as well!
Kathleen King has been baking since she was a child, and she has run Tate's Bake Shop in Southampton, New York, for over 25 years. The menu is a comforting mix of homey selections, from blueberry muffins to rhubarb cobblers to sour cream coffee cakes. Shortly after King opened her bakery, Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, began carrying her products and is one of her biggest fans.
The package I received included Tate's signature chocolate chip cookies, along with their oatmeal raisin and white chocolate chip macadamia cookies. These cookies have my favorite texture: thin, crisp on the edges but chewy in the center. They are made with no preservatives, and so are meant to be enjoyed quickly, or you can freeze them and bring them out for emergency munchies.
These cookies are pretty straightforward-tasty in a classic, no frills way. The cookbook is similar – clean, simple renditions of many bakery mainstays that you'd like to have on hand in your own kitchen- poundcakes, crumbles, fruit tarts, chocolate cake. I do recommend trying the chocolate chip cookie recipe first – there's always room for more good chocolate chip cookies in the world.
Thanks to Tate's Bake Shop, I am giving away a three-pack of Tate's Bake Shop cookies (as shown above) plus a copy of Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook. To enter, just do the following:
1. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment below letting me know you've done so. (If you already follow me, thanks! just leave a comment).
2. You can also follow Tate's Bake Shop on Facebook for an additional entry. Let me know if you've done so in your comment.
3. I'll take entries up until December 31st and announce the winner on Monday, January 3rd.
4. Also, use the code "cookie" at Tate's Bake Shop for 15% off your order through December 31st.
5. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
Thanks and good luck! Hope you are enjoying the holidays!